If you’re currently expecting, pre-natal classes will give you comfort in being prepared for delivery, and coming home with your new baby. Private or group pre-natal classes can be arranged in the privacy of your home, and the course can be customized and shortened to meet your needs.
The entire course can be completed in six hours (it is usually done in two segments.)
A realistic delivery at the hospital:
- Options and choices parents may have
- Understanding pain
- Anatomy of the pelvis
- How you know if you are in labour
- The difference between true and false labour
- When to go to the Hospital
The stages of labour
Introduction of breathing & relaxation techniques.
- Fetal monitors
- Back labour
Introduction to baby care:
- New born appearances, behaviour & reflexes
- Coming home safely
- Crying baby & soothing strategies
Introduction to breast feeding:
- Latching your baby to the breast
- How to know if your baby is feeding well
- When and where to seek help
Please contact Sandi Cole at 416-447-1719 for more information.